Are you a blogger and looking for easy to use tool to capture, annotate and share images on your Blog. Then you should definitely try awesomescreenshot browser extension.
Awesome Screenshot is easy to use browser extensions to screencast, record screen as a video. You can capture screen for a full page, annotate, blur sensitive info, and share with one-click uploads. Annotated images help to explain the topic better. You can create an arrow, text on the images, comments. There are some good features available for a beginner blogger and it’s free.
Microsoft Windows does provide basic tools like Snipping Tool and Paint to take screenshots and annotations. But, It is not easy as Awesome Screenshot. It is available as a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari browser.
Awesome Screenshot Features
- Capture or clip selected area, or all visible portion, or entire page
- Supports PNG format
- Supports horizontal scrolling when capturing
- Desktop screen capture
- Annotate any image with rectangles, circles, arrows, lines and text
- Crop, scroll & show crop area dimensions
- Blur certain sections to hide sensitive information
- Copy the screenshot and paste it to Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Supports Windows and Linux
- Save to local
- One-click to upload to awesomescreenshot.com and get a shareable link
- Support for Google Drive (Gdrive)
- Save very large images, bypass the 2M limit. No more crashes
- Interact with point-specific comments between friends and colleagues
I am going to use it Google Chrome Browser for this demo. If you don’t have Google Chrome, you can download it from here.
Install Awesome Screenshot
There is no need to download and install any software. Open Extension for chrome link to install it. Click on the button Add to Chrome at the upper right-hand top.
This creates a small button on the upper right-hand side browser as shown below. Just click that icon to launch Awesome Screenshot.
When you click on the apps launcher you can see the popup window as shown below. This is Awesome Screenshot toolbar with all available options.
Let’s see each option available and how to use it.
How to use Awesome Screenshot
This is very easy to use extension. The learning curve is very less and with less than an hour you can use it efficiently. Below I am providing step by step instruction with images which will show you how to use it.
Capture Visible Part of Page
This option captures the entire visible area of the browser. Open the toolbar on any web page you want to capture and click on this option.
Capture Selected Area
This provides a crosshair which you can use the select the required area and click on Capture button. Check below image.
Capture entire page
It actually capture entire page web page.