Oracle Application Express enables you to design, develop and deploy beautiful, responsive, database-driven applications using only your web browser. You can take advantage of this fully-supported, no-cost feature of the Oracle Database. Source https://apex.oracle.com/en/
I hope you have either requested workspace or installed Oracle Apex on your system. I will show you how to create a page in Apex. Check out below article,
- Oracle Application Express (APEX) Introduction
- Install Oracle Application Express
- Install Oracle APEX – Free Workspace on apex.oracle.com
- Install Oracle APEX – Download on Oracle Technology Network
This tool is very easy and wizard driven. So let’s start.
1. Login to Oracle Apex workspace using username and password provided during registration. Below is the dashboard. Click on App builder.
2. Click on create button to create a new application.
3. Select type of application as desktop and click on Next.
4. Select Schema, Name, Theme and Theme Style. For now, let it default. You just need to provide valid name to the application.
5. By default, it creates Home Page. You can add an additional page by using Add Page button. Do not create a page now and just click on Next.
6. Shared components are actually List of Values, images, etc. Select No and click Next.
7. Set the Authentication scheme, Language and other parameter related to date. Leave it as default for now and click Next.
8. That’s it. Below is your first application created in Oracle Apex. By default Oracle Apex creates 101-Login Page. Your page is 1-Home. Click on Run Application button.
9. It will ask for Workspace username and password. This is sample page.
This is the way you can create the application and page in Oracle Apex. Right now it has no content. But this article we will use as a base for next article where we will create reports, forms, dynamic actions and themes.
Keep watching this space for further tutorials on Oracle Application Express(Apex). Thanks for reading See you in next tutorial.